Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Welcome Legacy to our family!

With my new brother Legacy!
At the end of August mom fostered 13 puppies (yes, that's THIRTEEN puppies) for 5 days. All the puppies came from Leech Lake Indian Reservation (three hours north of here ... the same place my buddy Jake came from). There were quite a few of them that were pretty sick and weak. After 5 days she was able to take 10 of them to the Animal Humane Society where they were placed into foster homes then later placed up for adoption. Well, 3 of the puppies were not doing so well: Legacy, Lenny and Lazarus ... so mom decided to hang onto them and fostered them through Act V Rescue.

I know this shouldn't come as a surprise .... she fell in love with one of them (actually, she fell in love with all 3 of them) and I also fell in love with one special boy ... his name is Legacy. You can read more about Legacy and how he came to be a part of our family on mom's blog: http://mariloureflects.blogspot.com/2011/10/legacy.html.

Lenny and Lazarus (now Rez) have found new homes. Mom took them to their new adoptive homes about a week ago and they are both doing great! And Legacy, well ... this sweet boy has become quite my buddy (and my shadow ... he's follows me all around the back yard). He's also been teaching me how to really play. Here's just one of a million videos mom  has of us playing :)


and here's a video of the 13 puppies mom took in for a short time ... I was very glad they left!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment