Saturday, October 17, 2009

Strays to the Rescue

Through facebook my Human learned about this new book that will be coming out on November 1st. A Book titled "To the Rescue" and is a photo book about dogs rescued from shelters and streets who are now registered therapy dogs, giving back to the community.

Check out the Time magazine piece on this book and their website.

I'm really excited that my Human is committed to us working together so that we can become registered with Delta Society as a Pet Partner team. She heard back from the therapy dog evaluator the other day and is going to observe some therapy dog evals so she knows what the test entails. Even though i'm still finishing up my Obedience I class I will also be starting my Therapy Dog class next Tuesday! My Human and I are going to be busy!!! After my Human observes the therapy dog tests she's been told that as soon as she feels we are ready we can sign up for the test. She's also been busy studying the Delta Society Pet Partner's Team Training course student manual which is another requirement.

Who knows ... maybe some day I can be featured in a photo book too!! :)

Photo by Diana Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment