Monday, November 9, 2009

2009 Pet Haven Fall Benefit

My Human is the president of Pet Haven so she got to speak again at their largest fundraiser this past Saturday, their third annual Fall Benefit! This year, I got to be a part of her presentation and I got to hang out at the benefit. Oh, it was so much fun! My Human didn't bring her camera so I don't have any photos to show you as proof I was there so you'll just have to take my word! She shared my story as an example of the "special needs" dogs that Pet Haven takes in-- like many of my other friends we came into Pet Haven with heartworm and they spent lots of money to help us get well and treated for heartworm. My job for the benefit was to try to raise LOTs of money for my friends.

She showed the photo of me when she first met me in October, 2008 (yes, it's a sad looking photo of me!). She then showed them where I slept when she came back up to Red Lake to pick me up in November, 2008 (in an igloo as part of the big dog clan). It sure was cold sleeping outside!

Then finally she showed them where I NOW get to sleep ... ahhh, this is the life ... getting to share the red couch with my siblings Mister and Missy! Sometimes even Henry the kitty joins us on the couch! She also shared with them how i'm a Canine Good Citizen and a Therapy Dog in training and how i'm already volunteering with at-risk youth at The Lab!



I then issued a challenge to the 250 people that came to the event (yes, it was SOLD OUT!) ... i would match dollar for dollar all donations up to $1,000 (now, that's a large chunk of my doggie allowance!). I haven't heard the final numbers yet but preliminary estimates say we raised over $3,500 just from my plea!! :) Now how's that for a girl with such a rough start!

My Human then played the following video ... make sure you have tissue by your side :) [Music is by Josh Groban: "Don't Give up"]



Thanks to everyone who came and helped make the event a HUGE success!! You should've also seen the fashion show .. as soon as I get photos from Sarah Beth Photography who was there again this year to take photos of the pet fashion show, i'll let you know! I'm hoping a couple of them find their forever homes as a result of the terrific fashion show!

One last thing ... Photographer's Guild, who took this great photo of me on the right, is offering to donate the cost of a photo sitting session to Pet Haven ... all you have to do is mention "Pet Haven" -- so be sure to call and schedule a session!

No comments:

Post a Comment