Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Therapy Dog in Training

It's hard to believe i'm half way through my therapy dog training class that i'm taking through Canine Coach. I have class again tonight. My Human has been really good this week and has taken me lots of places ... we went to Chuck & Don's (my favorite store!), Tires Plus, and of course the big Pet Haven Fall Benefit where I was a star! :) The photo on the left was taken at the Fall Benefit. I also got to work on Thursday at The Lab with at-risk youth of St. Paul Public Schools. My lesson plan was to "talk" about trust and boundaries. I really connected with this one kid .... I think he really liked me to. After my mom got done sharing my story, he said "I can really feel Ahnung's pain." At the end of the 45 minute class period, he came up to me and gave me a big hug. I could tell he didn't want to leave. I gave him one of my photos and told him I would be back next week (i'll be seeing him again on Thursday!). I can also relate to the pain these kids feel. It was hard for me to trust at first too.

I really love working with the kids at The Lab. I'm so glad they love having me around too. We're helping rescue each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment