Monday, April 5, 2010

Free animal therapy informational session

My mom and I will be hosting a free animal therapy dog informational session at Pampered Pooch Playground again.
As you all know, i've been busy volunteering with mom over the past year. 


Date: Saturday, April 17th, 2010
Location: Pampered Pooch Playground, St. Louis Park
Time: 10 am - 11 am

What you will learn:


  • What makes a great therapy dog?
  • What kind of training is involved and how long will it take?
  • What are the requirements for the dog? and for the handler?
  • How do I get started?
Yes, it's my dream to start a movement here in Minnesota of animal therapy teams and to inspire others to go through the necessary training. You might think it's a lot of work ... well, it kinda is a lot of work, but it's sure worth it! If you could see the smiles on the faces of the kids and the people I get to visit ... you would know it's worth it! They tell me I'm making a difference. Well, we're making a difference for each other. 

To register for the event visit click here.

Or if you have questions you can email me too ..  I love getting email :) My email address is ahnung.star@gmail.com

I sure hope you're enjoying the beautiful spring weather. I had a wonderful time this weekend basking in the sun in our backyard. I have a few weeks off from "work" so am catching up on my beauty sleep :) My next gig isn't till the last week in April where I will have the chance to give a presentation to a class at Avalon school in Minneapolis with my mom. I'm pretty excited about that!! Then mom has to go through her volunteer training at Allina so we can start volunteering at hospice. 

I do think it's almost time for me to schedule another spa day ... i always love seeing auntie Jenny at Pampered Pooch. My brother Mister got a bath when he was staying with auntie Laura at Rescue Buddy Boarding. Check out how cute he is on the Rescue Buddy blog. I really miss Mister when he's gone (so does Missy) ..... I love playing with him. 

Okay ... time to call it a night. It's been a rough day ... all that beauty sleep will wear a girl out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment