Thursday, March 31, 2011

Please help my friends up at Red Lake Rez!

I've decided to take matters into my own paws and raise money for my friends up at the Red Lake rez! My rescuer Karen Good of Red Lake Rosie's Rescue saved my life (and my 8 puppies!) back at the end of 2008 ... then she hooked me up with my mom who was with Pet Haven ... and now I have the best life possible! I want all my friends up at the rez to have the same chance as I have had and it's not going to happen without your help and to be honest, your donations!!! :) My rescuer takes in so many of us who have been abused horribly and have lots of medical problems ... when she found me, I had mange, malnourished, heartworm positive, lymes disease, coccidia and then later mom learns I also have a gunshot pellet in one of my nipples. She also rescued my friend Ode whose ears had been intentionally burned and whom she found in July of 2008. Btw, Ode (pronounced O-day and means 'heart' in ojibway) is doing great in her new home!!

So here's the deal .... I've told mom I will give up $250 of my doggie food allowance and will match all donations up to $250. I've even created my own fundraising page. Click here to make an online donation.

On top of this, I've asked my Uncle Keith who owns this really cool new dog spa and self service wash in St. Louis Park, Bubbly Paws, if he would join me in a fundraising effort. For the month of April if you make a donation to Red Lake Rosie's Rescue you get $5 off any service at  Bubbly Paws and my uncle Keith is going match donations up to $1,000!! Yes, that's $1000!! You should try out the self service wash. I hear it's pretty cool. They got me ready for my big Kare11 TV debut with Karen ... I opted for the full service grooming option :)

If you want to learn more about the absolutely incredible work that my rescuer Karen does up at the reservation you should watch the Kare11 video below..... oh, and that was my big TV debut too!!! :) I had so much fun at the studio that day ... I even got to  hang out with Karen and my mom in the makeover room ....


So please help spread the word about this fundraiser for Red Lake Rosie's Rescue. If Uncle Keith of Bubbly Paws is matching donations up to $1000 and I (yes, sweet little nung-nung) is matching it up to $250 then we could raise $2500 for my friends up north.

Here's a video mom made a couple years ago to document the story of Ode a 14 week old puppy whose ears were burned ... originally rescued by Karen of Red Lake then taken into Pet Haven's foster program. Ode and I got to hang out when I first arrived into the cities ... we were quite the pair ... Ode, which means heart in ojibway and Ahnung which means star in ojibway .... The Heart and Star of Red Lake!! Please, please make a donation (any amount helps!) ... either donate online HERE or stop by Bubbly Paws to make a donation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment