Monday, May 4, 2009

I hate running!

This weekend was gorgeous so my Human wanted to get lots of walks and runs in ... don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she wants to do that. I especially like it when she takes my brother Mister on runs because that boy has more energy than he knows what to do with! My Human says running with him isn't even enough because that doesn't even wear him out. She has to take him to dog parks where he can run -- fast, free and furious!

So on Saturday my Human and her partner decided to take all three of us for a walk/run down to the Mississippi River. Apparently Missy is the only "perfect" walking dog ... no tugging, pulling or getting distracted. My Human's partner seems to think i'm stubborn sometimes. I don't know where she gets that idea :) So my Human got stuck with Mister and me ... or to be more accurate, I got stuck with her which meant I had to run with her. Well ... I am NOT, let me repeat that one more time ... I am NOT a runner. Mister is yanking on her left arm trying to get her to go faster, and I'm yanking on her right arm trying to get her to slow down. Not a pretty sight. For those driving by they probably found it amusing.

So, I plop down in the back yard when we finally get home. I think my Human figures out that taking me for a run is not enjoyable for her, and it's certainly not enjoyable for me.

We have an understanding now. I lounge on the red couch and sleep while she takes my crazy brother for a run. All is well when we can come to a mutual understanding and respect of what works for both of us. A little yanking on her arm, and a little over dramatization of how much she has "tortured" me when I crash in the back yard ... not much to get my Human to see things from my perspective. Yes, life is good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment