Saturday, December 26, 2009

My New Year wish ...


My mom has the prayer of St. Francis up in her writing/meditation room. I love it and wanted to share it with you. My wish for 2010 is that I can make at least one kid happy ... make one kid smile ... make one kid feel hope ... My wish is to continue volunteering at The Lab with my mom as a Pet Partner team (along with auntie Danielle and Sharpie of Canine Coach) and that there will be more teams out there making more kids smile.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace
where there is hatred .... let me sow love
where there is injury ... let me sow pardon
where there is doubt ... let me sow faith
where there is despair ... let me sow hope
where there is darkness ... let me sow light
where there is sadness ... let me sow joy.

Oh Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
to be loved as to love
for it is in giving that we receive
pardoning that we are pardoned
and dying that we are born to eternal life.


I also wish for my rescuer Karen up at Red Lake Rosie's Rescue whom I believe is the Mother Theresa of animals up at Red Lake to have the strength, support and all she needs to keep doing the work she is doing. I owe my life to her and for that I will always be grateful.

Namaste Karen and Happy New Year dear Karen ... or as they would say in ojibway "Aabita Biboon"

No comments:

Post a Comment