Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Be a voice for the voiceless

A year and a half ago my life was horrible ... I was wandering around, suffering, starving and having litter after litter. If not for Karen Good of Red Lake Rosie's Rescue I would still be up at the reservation, suffering. Then thanks to Pet Haven and my mom my life took a turn. And now I sleep on the couch, or wherever I want to sleep :) I no longer have to scrounge for food, although i still like to eat berries and seeds that fall off of trees and twigs (mom keeps telling me not to though!).

The photo on the left was taken by a Pet Haven volunteer and professional photographer Lisa Jaster of LMJ Originals. She recently went up to the Red Lake reservation to assist with a spay/neuter clinic and took such incredible photos .... stayed tuned ... mom says that you'll be hearing more about the collaborative efforts with local groups in the Twin Cities working on behalf of abandoned, abused and neglected animals!! Woo hoo!! :)

Here are a couple quotes that I just love ... and hugs to all of you who are already doing so much for those of us who need for you to be a voice for those of us who have no voice!!

"Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" - Martin Luther King, Jr.


"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mandela



No comments:

Post a Comment